SUPPORTING OUR LOCAL ECONOMY
In 2008, Kells & District Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with Kells Town Council, launched the Kells Gift Voucher scheme.
To date, over €100,000 worth of vouchers have been sold; that's a huge sum which as been kept in the local economy and in the current economic climate, supporting local businesses is more important than ever.
A GREAT GIFT IDEA
Kells Gift Vouchers are a wonderful gift idea as they allow the recipient decide where and how to spend, i.e. for some recipients it may go towards a nice meal out or a relaxing massage, while for others they may choose a more practical use, such as food or fuel.
Some of the reasons why you might consider giving the Kells Vouchers to your staff include:
- Current tax laws allow employers give up to €250 as a non-cash, tax-free bonus to staff each year
- Recipients have a wide choice where to spend the Voucher
- Vouchers have a 2 year validity period
- Employers will be helping fellow Kells business people in keeping trade local
- Some staff just come to the Kells area for their job; encouraging them to shop here will foster a greater affinity with the town and by extension greater job satisfaction
- Environmental benefit – encouraging staff to ‘Shop Local’ rather than driving to larger towns and shopping centres
- Ease of use for employers (you can fax / email order form to Chamber)
- Special Offers may be available throughout the year to bearers of Vouchers; the Chamber will notify employers who’ve purchased Vouchers for their staff of any offers or discounts
The Chamber would like to thank all who have supported the scheme over the past few years and ask you to please continue to do so.