In the current economic situation Kells Chamber recognise that we have a pool of talented people who may find themselves out of work but who are willing and able to contribute to their town and community. Associate Membership is also open to people who are retired but would still like to part of our business community.
Associate Members can become involved within the Chamber in a number of ways, e.g. join a sub committee, or assist with Chamber assisted projects, e.g. Santa coming to town or St. Patrick's Festival
Benefits of Associate Membership:
We see that the benefits are two-fold; the Chamber benefits from the time, experience and skills of the Associate Member, and the benefits to the Associate Member include the following:
- Inclusion of Associate Membership on CV may demonstrate to future employers that, although unemployed, you have been active in and contributed to the local business community, and the Chamber could be a referee.
- Avail of our 'Jobs Buddy' scheme, where we can pair the Associate Member with an established business person who can assist and advise, be that through interview advice, contacts, etc.
- Associate Membership can contribute to one’s sense of worth – give a purpose, sense of usefulness and achievement.
- Website Listing – (optional) - Associate Members can be listed with a brief summary of their work experience and opportunities sought, so fellow members can contact them if they have or know of a suitable job opportunity.
- Regular Chamber Newsletter - Keeps you informed about what other members are doing and what's going on in the Chamber.
- Making New Contacts - Our programme of networking events allows you to maximize opportunities to meet business people and do business in a relaxed manner.
- Regular Social Events Programme - Meet and socialise in a relaxed environment which is a great way to meet other members.
- Represents your views - Kells & District Chamber is the independent voice of business peole for the Kells & surrounding areas, lobbying on issues of importance to you at local, regional and national levels.
- National & International Links - Associate Members can avail of access to valuable contacts through our affiliation to the worldwide Chamber of Commerce network, and though our affiliation to Chambers Ireland.
Cost of Associate Membership: Annual fee of €30
Eligibility will be reviewed on a case by case basis, but generally is open to those currently not in employment. Each case will be reviewed by the Chamber Executive. When an employment situation changes, the Associate Member must inform the Chamber and are welcome to submit an application for full membership. Assoicate Members can be invited onto the Chamber Board after a full year of membership